Office of Emergency Management
Office of Emergency Management supports New South Wales to build capability and capacity to become disaster ready.
We develop and provide training, guidance, tools, and resources to better prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters.
When disaster strikes, we support local councils to lead their communities through the recovery.
We partner with people to help create a safer, more resilient NSW.
We do this through:
- Supporting Emergency Service Organisations
- Building the capability and capacity of organisations and communities
- Providing tools, resources and advice to better prepare for disasters
- Supporting local councils and communities to recover when disaster strikes.
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) 3531 that manages emergency management training programs throughout NSW on behalf of the State Emergency Management Committee (SEMC).Training is offered to employees and volunteers from Emergency Services, Functional Areas, government and non-government organisations at the state, regional and local levels.
- All training courses are fee-free
- Our courses are facilitated by trainers with first-hand experience with real life examples
- Our courses are delivered with a multi-agency perspective.
The goal of OEM is to provide high quality training for our learners. We are committed to helping you develop the skills and knowledge required to be successful in the Emergency Management industry.